Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Balding

I am balding. I know this blog now is all about Brynne, but bare with me for a post. It relates to Brynne anyway, because now that I'm no longer pregnant, my hair is falling out in the masses. No one tells you this....until you're there. I'm so thankful for one of my best friends Amanda who warned me of this, and even named her blog after this....but this is out of control. My husband says he has to sweep up after me now more than the dog. Clumps come out every time I take a shower. Apparently your body holds onto hair while you're pregnant, as hot as you are anyway, and then decides you no longer need it after the baby comes...when your body temperature is actually back to normal and not 120*. I drew the line last week...took Brynne to the Dr. and as he is examining her, he finds 2 of my hairs in her diaper!!! How gross. Maybe I should just shave it. All the new moms - can I get an "AMEN?"

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Mel, I'm so sorry! I hate to be right on this! It will stop after a while but it is so disgusting to have to deal with. Don't do anything drastic!

Ashley said...

It's horrible isn't it! I had to vacuum my bathroom floor every day! It has finally stopped falling out so hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a fun part of motherhood? As is you don't feel frumpy enough trying to get back in your old pants with the baby bulge hanging over those low ride jeans.
I had actual bald spots on the sides where I tuck it behind my ears! It doesn't fall out anymore, and I think it stopped around 6 or 7 months? I have lots of little baby hairs and lots of new GREY ones! To add insult to injury... Oh the battle scars of motherhood. Totally worth it, though.

kittyhox said...

Oh I remember this well! One day, a few months after our son was born, my husband asked me to please stop cleaning my hairbrush out in the shower. Whaaat? I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. The next time I was in the shower I looked down and there was a ton of hair, of course.

Ick.

This too, shall pass!

:)

Mindy said...

I am no longer a "new mommy" as my youngest is 2 but my hair falls out in droves!!!!
And I promise you it has all happened since having children. I have a place on the right side of my head (right in front - temple area) where I have VERY LITTLE HAIR anymore.......looks like I have an actual rededing hair line........
UGGHHHH......Although - it is helpful to see that other's have this issue too and it isn't just me!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, it doesn't stop. The hair keeps falling and gets worse with age. You see, as your children get older, they begin to turn your hair gray. Before you know it you would rather have bald spots than all the gray hair! If you get to see me at Christmas you will understand what I am talking about.
Lots of Love,
Cousin Susan