Monday, December 29, 2008

NEMO 6/24/47-12/22/08




My mother, or Nemo to Brynne, suffered a brain aneurysm on December 11th. She was in ICU for 11 days and went to be with Jesus on December 22nd. She lived 61 great years...a woman of gentleness and compassion. Our hearts are broken in so many ways, yet we have found comfort and grace throughout it all. Christ is with us and comforting us as we mourn, and giving us the strength to take a step forward. She has left a legacy and will never be forgotten.

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Lissa - What a wonderful tribute. These are great pictures. I am blessed to have know your mom.
Maggie

Becky said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I was praying for you when I heard she was in the ICU. It's never easy...especially during the holidays. Love you.

Amanda said...

Mel... I'm terribly sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya bunches..

Ashley said...

Mel, we are praying for y'all each and every day. Love you

Shevawn said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers to you and your family...

Ashley said...

Sweet friend, so sorry for your loss and will keep your family in my prayers and in my thoughts. Love you and thankful you are resting in the arms of Christ!

Amanda said...

Mel, my heart just breaks seeing these pictures of your sweet mom. So much has happened since the last time you blogged. I can't wait to see you in a couple days and hug your neck. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time of healing and mourning. Thanks for sharing her story on your blog.