Friday, April 15, 2011

Aloha from Hawaii!

We are loving the townhome and region we live in. It's a favorite place of the locals and we can see why. Everywhere we walk, the scene is gorgeous. So far I have walked to the town every morning to get groceries with the girls in the double stroller, and on thursday we went to the town farmer's market. It's neat to see the things that are similar, and that which is different. The sense of community here is amazing, and next time I'll blog about our neighbors that we have been so blessed by. I love the casual everything..Beau and I fit right in wearing our work out clothes all the time, hair always up due to humidity, and everyone is "family." There is no ac - everyone has open windows all the time (but you can hear everything...you get close quick that way). THe other night I was washing dishes while Beau was outside with the girls and all the kids. I kept hearing "uncle Beau," and wondering "what in the world?" Then my neighbor told me that in Hawaii, you call neighbors aunt and uncle instead of mr./mrs. as a generous gesture saying "you're like family." Every time we walk outside, the kids yell "Hi auntie Mel!" I hope to post pictures of them soon!

Pics from the flight. The first flt and layover were a breeze, the second was brutal...but we survived!



The Front of our Condo

The view from the porch on a cloudy day

The view from the living room

The kitchen and living room

the grassy area in front of our house the kids play on every evening


The girls favorite hiding spot

The girls at the market. They were not nearly as impressed as me! All the local fresh fruits and veggies you can imagine. The only thing in Hawaii that is cheap!

And this is what will soon be my fabulous new scar. I hit my head on a window shutter that I didn't see and split it open! 8 stitches later, we're at the beach

brynne and daddy in the water



the view from the hill near our townhome

4 comments:

Ashley said...

WOW!!! Looks amazing! So sorry about your head, poor thing! Miss yall, Keep those pics coming! :)

Amanda said...

I'm so happy for you, friend!

Amanda said...

It looks so beautiful!!! Sorry about your head though. Hopefully you got my delayed email! Take care and keep posting pics!!

Rosa said...

Love the pictures! I'm so glad you have wonderful neighbors, what a blessing. Hope your head feels better. Miss you guys!