Saturday, March 08, 2008

Tough Road

It has been a rough week all around. This blog is generally more like a scrapbook for Brynne, but I just want to place an entry for prayer for some folks. Brynne and I have been dealing with something flu-like, although we had our "flu-shot," whatever. Beau has been out of town, and taking care of a baby when you're sick yourself is tough! Just when I'm beginning to feel like I'm on the brink of collapse, I'm quickly reminded that my issues are nothing.
In the past 3 days, we have been notified of the following things, of which I ask you to pray fervently:
1. Friend Stephanie - her sister had a massectomy last week, but the lymphnodes came back positive. They're going back in this week to get the rest out, and then she will begin chemo & radiation. She is in her early 30's and has a little boy.
2. Friend Becky - her sister-in-law passed away yesterday of unknown causes, leaving behind a husband and 2 children.
3. Sheri's sister had her baby taken away under unjust circumstances
4. Sheri's friend's 3 month old baby passed away from unknow causes. There is no harder battle, in my opinion, than losing a child.
5. At the beginning of the week, 2 of my patients passed away. Please pray for their families.

All of this in the past 3 days. Forgive me Lord for ever complaining about my circumstances. I have no clue.
To my friends, hold onto God's promises when life's battles seem too heavy to bear. He will carry you, strengthen you, and draw you near to Him. May He be your strength. I love you girls.

1 Peter 1:6-8 - "There is joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world."

Exodus 15:2 - "The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

1 comment:

Becky said...

My heart is just aching for all the struggles everyone is having right now. I have some other friends struggling with very sick children too. I am just so thankful God has everything in control, even in the deep valley times of our lives.